The purpose of the Concepts in Condensed Matter Journal Club is to create a forum for critical discussion of the ideas that form the foundations of our field.
Pizza, physics, and love. What more could you want?
Come Join us in 57 Birge, every other Wednesday at 4pm.
Topics so far have included:
- Symmetry breaking
- The Landau theory of second order phase transitions
- Landau’s theory of the Fermi Liquid
- The fluctuation-dissipation theorem
- Onsager’s Reciprocal relations
- The Integer Quantum Hall Effect
- The Wigner crystal
- Exchange, superexchange and magnetic order
- Luttinger’s theorem
- Luttinger-Tomonaga 1D liquids
- Goldstone Modes and Generalized rigidity
- Cooper Pairing
- Weyl Fermions